Monday, February 18, 2008

Family Day

Today was the first official "Family Day" in Ontario. For most employees in the province (Wendy and I included) it was an extra holiday. The boys were also off school. We made a trip up north on the weekend. The boys had a great time playing in the snow and Wendy and I enjoyed a bit of a rest from the regular routine.

Back to the grind though .... Wendy is off in Waterloo on a course for a few days so I am home alone with the boys. There was a time when the very thought of doing this alone (even for just a few days) would bring on an anxiety attack. Now I find myself really looking forward to it.

I made spaghetti tonight ... and the boys were amazed that I actually knew how to make it and it tasted almost as good as Mommy's. I should make a point of cooking more ....... I doubt that 25 years from now when they may be married themselves their future spouses would appreciate their up bringing in a house where Daddy's doesn't know how to turn on the stove (he makes great microwave popcorn though ....)

Still went out to curling tonight and had to get the boy across the street to babysit. Easy $$$$ for him ... the boys were sound asleep before he got here and they didn't make a sound (at least not one that the babysitter could here with his iPod turned up as loud as it could go ....)

Getting them packed up and shipped off to school in the morning could be an adventure .... guess we will see ...

Steve

No comments: